Thursday, August 9, 2012

NWG Update 3 - Crashing Around You

Got some new updates after getting some more play time and painting done. Firstly my list. Played another game against Blood Angels, and while it went very well and ended in victory, I've noticed once again the pressure to keep Troops alive and moving. While the importance of sturdy Troop choices was always apparent in this edition, it just feels like 20 MEQ Troops with 2 tin cans don't cut it. As such I have decided that Draigo makes a better fit than the Grand Master in this list so as to make the Paladins Troops for some even sturdier, mobile Troops.

Lord Kaldor Draigo

Inquisitor Coteaz


5x Paladins
1x Master-crafted Halberd, 2x Swords, 2x Hammers + Master-crafted Psycannons

10x Strikes
2x Psycannons, 1x Hammer, in Transport 1

9x Strikes
1x Psycannon, 1x Hammer, in Transport 2


Stormraven
Twin-linked Multi-Melta, Searchlight

Stormraven
Twin-linked Multi-Melta, Searchlight


Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator, Greatsword

Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator, Greatsword


Transport 1: Rhino with Searchlight
Transport 2: Rhino with Searchlight

In order to make the points I lost a little bit of firepower in downgrading to Rhinos, and dropping a Psycannon Strike, but I reckon the added ability in playing the scenario might make up for that. Any opinions are welcome.

On the painting front, I have the second Dreadknight almost finished; I just have to paint the rivets silver. The display board is coming along nicely and is sanded and based, I just need to get some more paint to highlight it. I've also managed to finish the Stormraven, and have posted some pictures below for your amusement.




No comments:

Post a Comment